The 2019 Komen Columbus Race for the Cure will fill the downtown streets with thousands of participants and supporters on Saturday, May 18.
The crowds will start gathering at 6:30 AM Saturday, but roads along the route downtown will start closing by 6:00 PM on Friday, May 17. If you're taking part, you can do race day registration starting at 6:30 AM at the Vern Riffe Center. You can get full information about the day's events on their website here.
All the information about schedules and road closures is below:
- 6:30 - 8:45 a.m. | Race Day Registration
Vern Riffe Center - High Street entrance
- 7:00 - 10:30 a.m. | Expo
Broad Street between High and Third
- 7:00 - 10:30 a.m. | Hope Village (formerly SurvivorPalooza)
For Survivors and those living with metastatic breast cancer
West Plaza of the Ohio Statehouse
- 8:00 a.m. | Survivor Ceremony
City Hall - Corner of Broad and Front Streets
- 8:45 a.m. | 5K Run/Walk Start
Runners line up first at Front and Elm, followed by non-competitive runners. 5K walkers will immediately follow runners.
- 9:00 a.m. | Family Fun Walk Start
- Broad Street between High and Third will close by 6 pm on Friday, May 17.
- High Street between State and Broad will close by 6 am on Saturday, May 18.
- Front Street between Broad and Long will close by 6 am on Saturday, May 18.
- All roads on the course will begin to close by 9:15 am on Race Morning.