The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is hosting one toon-tastic celebration of past and present cartoons that we all know and love Sept. 14-15, 2019.
Throughout the weekend, there will be character meet and greets, character artists, plus Mugsy, the Good Day Columbus mascot, on Sunday.
Show this coupon on your phone when purchasing tickets or click here to print it.
Character Meet and Greets:
- Batman and Robin- In celebration of Batman’s 80th birthday. We welcome this caped-crusader and Robin direct from Gotham City and DC Comics
- Red and Chuck- Just flying in from the ever popular game and hit movies
- Gene and Poop- These popular emojis are taking a break from your phone and silver-screen to celebrate this wacky weekend with us
- Garfield and Odie- The cat know for loving lasagna and hating Mondays is bringing his pooch pal for some Zooper fun
- Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck: They are tiny and tooney and maybe a little bit looney
- Scooby- Doo and Shaggy- This Great Dane and his lifelong pal have been solving mysteries since 1969
- Fred and Wilma Flintstone- The modern stone age couple direct from Bedrock
(Each character will be making several appearances at the zoo throughout the event. Times and characters are subject to change without notice)
The Columbus Zoo is also excited to welcome the following voice actors, character artists and animators who bring some of your favorite characters to life to our special weekend. The following will be taking to the stage at various times throughout the weekend and available to say “hi” to all of our guests coming to Cartoon Weekend. (Times to be determined).
- Brian Hull- Brian is an online content creator and voice actor who first rose to fame with his YouTube video “Disney and Pixar Sings Let it Go,” where he sang Let it Go from Disney’s Frozen as 21 different Disney and Pixar Characters.
- Tony Bancroft- During his 12-year career with Disney Studios, Bancroft helped create and animate Pumbaa, the lovable warthog in The Lion King; Kronk, the dim-witted sidekick in The Emperor’s New Groove; Cogsworth the nervous clock from Beauty and the Beast, and lago the pestering parrot in Aladdin.
All the fun happens from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Sept. 14 and 15, 2019 at The Columbus Zoo & Aquarium, 4850 Powell Road, Powell, Ohio 43065.
For additional information call (614) 645-3400.